Incorporated in 1956, the Pinto Horse Association of America was formed to encourage the promotion of quality horses,
ponies and miniatures with color and to establish a registry for maintaining their show records and pedigrees. The PtHA® has evolved through the years and now has three separate registries: the Color Registry, the Solid Registry, and the Long Ear registry. All equines, no matter the size or breeding, can now qualify to be registered in one of the three PtHA® Registries. With a variety of classes and programs for every level of horseman, PtHA® has a “SPOT” for everyone. Currently, the association serves approximately 88,000 members and boasts more than 157,000 registered Pintos.
2021 Pinto World Championship Show
Tulsa, Okla., June. 18, 2021 —The Pinto World Championship Show is in full swing here in Tulsa, Okla. We have 768 classes available for Youth, Open and Amateur. 900 horses have been pre-entered with over 7,000 class entries entered in 768 classes and over a thousand stalls in use.
We have over 30 vendors present to include Tioga Territory, State Line Tack, Circle L Saddle Company, Haala Denim, J Bar J and much more. We also have our official show photographer Jeff Kirkbride on grounds, whose already taken Ranch High points, Youth High points and Reserve and World champion photos.
There is over $750,000 in prizes and awards to include 124 high point and reserve highpoint awards being given away. Boot Barn is also sponsoring our random draw for the exhibitor of the day for 13 days with a free $200 gift card. State Line Tack is sponsoring multiple classes, the art contest and doing random giveaways. Purina is also handing out feed coupons.
PtHA RULE CHANGES FOR 2021
For 2021, the PtHA will not be printing new Rulebooks. A supplement for 2021 is available on our website www.pinto.org.
• Height Classification and Requirements - Miniatures will now be measured at the withers instead of last hair of the mane. The height classifications have changed to accommodate this change.
• Utility Horse Exhibition - Performance class gaits for Utility Division will be changed to Walk and Jog for western and Walk and Trot for English/Hunter classes.
• Gaits for Gaited horses - If a gaited horse is present in the class with Saddle Type horses, the gaits called will be: walk, easiest gait, lope/canter. Easiest gait is defined as not a trot, two diagonal feet moving in the same direction at the same time (i.e. running walk, ambling gait, rack).
• Classic and Country Pleasure Driving- equines may not cross enter at PtHA shows.
• Longe Line - Scoring system has been changed to match the NSBA rules and score sheet. Exhibitors may show up to two (2) entries per class.
• Addition of a Two-Year-Old Longe Line class.
• Addition of a Two-Year-Old Long Lining/Ground Driving class. This class should demonstrate aptitude, basic skills and confidence for preliminary
driving. It utilizes a figure 8 pattern. Corresponding score sheet available.